Dura Composites was the world’s first composite timber supplier to achieve Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC™) Chain of Custody certification (C108450) in 2011, as part of our commitment to lead the industry in sustainable practice.
FSC™ Chain of Custody certification is awarded to companies that can track and document FSC™ certified material through the production process, from the forest to the consumer, including all successive stages of procurement, processing, manufacturing, distribution and sale of certified goods.
Dura Composites has the ability to provide all of its Dura Deck, Dura Cladding and Dura Tile products as FSC™-certified. Look for the products on our website that are accompanied with the FSC™ logo or the words ‘FSC™ certified’ and you can be confident you are not damaging the world’s forests and that the product has been manufactured with timber from responsibly managed forests, which meet the highest environmental and social standards.
Look for our FSC™ certified products.
In today’s marketplace, consumers increasingly have the option to buy products that offer a sustainable solution. Ethically harvested wood products are a great example of a high quality product with a lessened environmental impact. Asking for and buying wood and paper products certified by the Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC™) — is something we can all do that is good for people, good for forests and good for the planet.
Dura Composites takes pride in the fact that we are able to offer sustainable composite timber product options to our customers. Our FSC™ 100% certified composite timber Dura Deck and Dura Cladding are just as good for your project as they are for the future of the environment.
Why should you look for the Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC™) logo?
- You can buy products containing wood with a clear conscience when you see the FSC™ logo.
- The FSC™ label guarantees that the trees that are harvested are replaced or allowed to regenerate naturally.
- Parts of the forest are protected entirely, in order to protect rare animals and plants.
- FSC™ is the only wood certification scheme endorsed by the major environmental charities, including WWF, Gree and The Woodland Trust.
- Every link between the forest and the consumer is certified to make it clearly identifiable which wood is FSC™ certified and which is not.